Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Looks like induction...

Looks like we'll be meeting our baby soon! Dave and I have some discussing to do tonight, but we are being faced with the decision to induce tomorrow/this weekend.

Tues we had our first of the every-other-day visits. Everything tested great!! I passed my NST, the AFI, the BioPhysical u/s. But then they did the blood draw. My platelets reduced- again. Plus, my BP started sky-high cuz I was so darn nervous. But it did eventually go down to normal once I relaxed.

With the platelet thing, I guess it's pretty serious. It means no epidural if it drops below 100,000. It means emergency c-section if it gets even lower. It means my body could be caught not clotting blood properly which can cause internal bleeding, etc.

The doc shared that a normal person is around 180,000. I was at 130,000 when they made me stay the night last week. Low, but not "low enough to force an induction". It went up to 145,000 when I was there Sat/Sun. That was great. Yesterday I was down to 126,000. So- the doc came in and told me I'm back every other day still, until the baby comes. So Thurs, Sat, Tues, Thurs, and then Sat (my orig due date). Then he said it makes most sense to induce me. We discussed my fears- he was quite nice about it listening to me. He said they can keep waiting until I labor myself, or until I hit the "must induce" trigger on any of my tests, or I can chose to induce. I'm 0% dilated and 0% effaced. So as long as I continue to remain "closed" Cervidil would be needed to kick start the induction.

In essence, I'm delaying the inevitable by not going forth with the induction. And its stressing me out to all ends every single time we go in. So the nurse comes in and we talk. She said that I should really consider induction. That if we do- then to see how Thurs goes. If I don't pass my tests Thurs, they'll induce me anyways on Thurs evening. If I barely pass again- then I have a choice. If I chose to induce, most likely they will have me schedule to come in this weekend- since they are always slower on weekends. But it will really depend on what the doctor says tomorrow.

Anyhoo- so its possible Thurs I'd be induced if I fail the tests. Or it sounds like if we chose to, it would be Saturday or Sunday. If not, she'll be here next week regardless! So Dave and I need to talk and figure it all out, but thought I'd just provide an update quick on here.

Thank you for the emails, calls and messages. Sorry I haven't gotten back to everyone- I'm so swamped at work, and with all of this my head is pretty busy. But I hope to catch up soon!

No comments: