Tuesday, March 4, 2008

2 months already!

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated! I'll do better going forward.

Quick health update, summary version. We have continued visits with all of the doctors, and since more of her tests have passed, they believe it is just severe GERD causing all these problems. So she has been given a final "cocktail" of medicines to be on for the next few months. They seem to be helping a little bit, but there is not much else we can really do. We also have to meet with an ENT doctor to make sure her throat is not developing any long term problems.
So aside from lots of laundry from the spitting up, and having to give her lots of meds each day (three meds and she takes each a few times a day) which she doesn't like, we are hoping for continued progress. It stinks seeing her so miserable and in such pain- but we know this is something that gets better with time... The Pediatric Gastroenterologist told us that since her case is so bad, it might be a year, but some babies get better around 6 to 9 months. Fingers crossed.

Other than that, I am trying to enjoy the last weeks of my maternity leave. We finally have daycare worked out. I miss work, but it is going to be hard to go back. I love spending so much time with Maddyn. Especially now that she's getting such a great personality! She smiles all the time and is SO strong. She loves to stand and hold onto things and is scooting very well. She's starting to turn over a bit, she's almost there! Its amazing! And yes, she's making lots of noises...so she's going to be quite the talker, like Mommy, lol.

I posted two new albums on our Shutterfly Collection (link to the right). One is a bunch of photos from her 2nd month. The other is photos I've taken the last two weeks, so I called that 2.5 months. Feel free to take a look. You can see her famous pout (its amazing how far she can stick out that lower lip- just like daddy) and her smiles!

Thanks to everyone for the kind notes, and I will try to update again next week. We have more doctor appts, and are heading out to Ohio this weekend to see Dave's grandma.
As a teaser, here are three photos:

No comments: