Friday, October 26, 2007

Labor & Delivery... Again

I went in for my 33 week appt this morning, and my blood pressure was very high. I've always had very low blood pressure - in fact, too low- so this one was completely unexpected. I've been extremely swollen, and this week have been sick a few nights. The doc I saw wanted to be safe, so he sent me to L&D for monitoring.

After a few hours, my BP dropped enough that I could go home. It still isn't back down to what it usually is for me, but it was out of the 'high risk' range. I have to take my BP every day now, and monitor it to make sure I am not developing Pre-eclampsia.

They said that the baby is measuring a more "normal" length now, so that my due date is likely 12/12-12/15 again :) That's nice! However, if I do develop pre-eclampsia, they would have to take me early for both the baby's and my well being.

The baby's heartrate was 154. Nice and healthy. B/c of the BP concern, I now begin my weekly appointments with the doctors, until I deliver.

It was a long week. The travel wore me down, and I was sick quite a bit. Then Dave traveled, so we've been going non-stop. Rylee and I got some bonding in though :) But, my travel is done and I'm now officially "grounded". After this week, I'm kinda glad- since I'm not sure my body could take it! Another milestone achieved.

Last night I went downtown for a friend's bday party and it was so much fun! It was great seeing everyone. But I realized those long car rides (especially in rush hour traffic) are not as much fun anymore, LOL! My poor bladder!!!

Ry has a playdate with some puppy friends tomorrow, so I'll have the camera out and get some photos of my belly then!

No comments: